Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult

Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult

I have previously said that I would not read another Jodi Picoult book, as they are too depressing, but I read this one anyway. It is a strange story about a woman, whose life is torn apart by tragedy. Therefore, I should have put it down, but I could not. June Nealon's husband dies in a car accident and she is left raising her daughter alone. She ends up marrying one of the police officers who came and told her about the accident.

Shay Bourne is a man on death row. Shay is a strange human being, but he wants to save a child. Picoult tells of Shay's life in the prison, but also paints a vivid picture of what his life was like before he ended up in prison. Shay's life is not a happy one.

The story is about vengeance, redemption, justice, and love. Jodi Picoult has won me over. I guess I will have to start reading her books again.

No comments:

Post a Comment