Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

I had said I would not read any more Jodi Picoult books, as I read a few that were pretty depressing. Well, I take that back. Picoult's story is beautiful. It is another World War II era type book. I told you I was stuck on WWII. Anyway, this is a current day account of a young, troubled woman, Sage Singer, who is struggling with the loss of her mother, her poor relationship with her sisters,her guilt of her mother's death, her disfigurement from an accident, and her inability to move past things and make friends. While in a grief group she meets an old man who tells her he wants her help. This favor ultimately changes Sage's life. She learns about a past she knew little about and really had not wanted to know about. The story tells of an imaginary tale, that parallels real lives. It is beautifully written and reveals a great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment