Friday, February 6, 2015

Wild by Cheryl Strayed

Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Everyone was raving about this story about a young woman, Cheryl Strayed, who felt compelled to hike the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT), in order to find herself. Of course a movie was made, starring Reese Witherspoon, so I thought it would be great.

Cheryl is one of the stupidest people I have read about. I hate to say this, as she struggled with the loss of her mother, and her life basically falls apart. In order to find herself, she plans to hike the PCT. But she didn't plan well. Cheryl's poor planning really bothered me. I trudged through, as I wanted to find out how she makes it. I am glad I did not quit reading. It was a story that shows that most people, not all, that she encountered were truly wonderful, welcoming people. That makes me feel good about people in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment