Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

 

After just finishing Kristin Hannah's Four Winds, I decided to read another one of her books. Not realizing that Firefly Lane was also a Netflix release, I picked it. 

I was captivated from the very beginning. I could relate to being the new girl in school, but I was younger when we moved into our new house. So when I read about Kate Mularkey having no friends in 8th grade my heart ached. I also have seen kids like Kate who came to the library with no friends. Then when Tully, the coolest girl Kate had ever met moves across the street, becomes her friend, I was hooked.

I went through so many emotions reading this book. I lived through the 70's and could remember all the things they were doing. The friendship that was forged in this book is so real. Unlike, Hannah's historical fiction, this one was more contemporary. It tugs at your heart, but worth every minute of this read!

No comments:

Post a Comment