Monday, June 24, 2013

Rubber Houses by Ellen Yeomans

This is a novel written in verse, recognized as a TAYSHA.




Rubber Houses by Ellen Yeomans
It is a beautiful, yet sad story about a girl and her younger brother. The story unfolds showing a very close bond between Kit and her brother, Buddy. They share special times within the lines of the poems. Suddenly, Buddy is in the fight of his life against cancer. The verses are written like a journal from Kit's point of view. What an incredible story that is told in verse.

This was the first novel I have ever read that is written in verse. I found the story profoundly touching. Ellen Yeomans words flow effortlessly from the pages. I was moved by the emotions I felt while reading the wonderful story. I believe anyone, especially those that have been touched by cancer would appreciate this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment